Every morning, I have a million tasks to complete before heading out the door for work. This means that I often skip breakfast or end up grabbing a bagel at the cafeteria at work. Sure that keeps me full, but it isn’t exactly packed full of protein and nutrients. In an effort to make mornings a bit easier, I started making breakfast sandwiches on the weekends and freezing them, easy grab and go on a busy weekday morning!
What you need: (for 6 sandwiches)
Large Muffin Pan
Mix-ins – I used Red Peppers and Onions for the breakfast sandwiches pictured
Bread – I prefer to use the 100 calorie english muffins and find they heat well in the microwave.
Cheese (optional) – I used a mild cheddar
Breakfast Meat – I used turkey bacon and turkey sausage
Salt & Pepper
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Dice up your mix-ins, if you have any
3. Spray the large muffin pan with oil
4. Scramble your eggs
5. Add mix-ins to the large muffin pan, filling each tin individually – then pour your scrambled egg mixture over the mix-ins.
6. Place your tin with the egg/mix-in mixture into the oven for about 20 minutes or until eggs are cooked (no longer able to shake the liquid around)
7. Prepare your breakfast meat. For the turkey bacon, I added a little maple syrup on each piece and baked in the oven. The Turkey Sausage was precooked, no preparation was needed.
8. Once your eggs and breakfast meats are cooled, assemble the sandwiches. I wrapped mine in aluminum foil, placed them in a large freezer bag, and put them in the freezer.
Remove from freezer & packaging and microwave for about one and a half minutes or until desired temperature.